September 12, 2000
Welcome to the new face of zipple.com!
If you're familiar with our site, you'll find nearly all the features you know,
just displayed more cleanly and organized more clearly. You'll also find new
resources and information.
And if you're new to Zipple, here's your opportunity to discover everything
our site has to offer.
Let's begin the tour!
Zipple's new look
When we previewed our new colors and design a couple of weeks ago, the feedback
we received was overwhelmingly positive. Gone is the black background with its
difficult-to-read type, along with the flashy neon colors. In their place you'll
find a white background, and fresh, soothing colors that enhance your view of
the site. Our logo has also changed to reflect this new look.
On the left-hand side of each page is our list of Services. These sections
contain functions you may find helpful day-to-day - they include:
Business Directory - A link to the new zipple.com Local Business Directory.
If you don't see your town listed yet, don't worry - we'll get there!
- Get A Job - Here you'll find job listings, links and helpful information
for moving your career ahead.
- Members' Area - This section of Zipple is where you can go to update your
profile, change passwords, and take care of other administrative stuff.
- Not-For-Profit - The place to go when you need information about Jewish
organizations, agencies, schools, summer camps, synagogues, JCCs, Hillels
and more, all around the world.
- Shmooze - On the home page, you'll find Shmooze up at the top. Click here
when you feel like chatting, or reading and posting messages. Check back here
every evening at 8 p.m. Eastern for The Big ShmoozeSM, our nightly gabfest.
- Singles Scene - Also on the top of the home page. The only major FREE Jewish
singles site, The Scene features thousands of profiles for you to search.
Find your besherte, make new friends, enjoy!
- Your Town - We're putting up local community info as fast as we can. Here
you'll find a wealth of resources so you can find what you need in your neighborhood
in someone else's neck of the woods. Get the scoop on news, weather, cultural
events, restaurants, people, businesses, synagogues and organizations.
On the right side of each page is an object that looks like a remote control.
Each of these channels contains information organized by categories of interest,
much as a library is organized. If you recall the old version of our site, we
had this information listed in columns at the bottom of the home page. We've
re-categorized it and made it searchable for you
and accessible from every
page on our site. Here are some of the subjects you'll find:
- Arts & Entertainment - Books, films, theater, TV, newspapers, magazines
- everything you need to feel cultured!
- Education - Anything to do with day schools, colleges, agencies, studying
Hebrew, and more.
- Family & Lifecycles - The whole Jewish lifecycle, from birth and
bris to bar mitzvah, wedding, and death. And all the steps in between.
- Food - Calling all noshers! Recipe heaven, plus an extensive kosher section,
resources for vegetarians, and much more.
- History - One of our most popular areas, categorized by geography, with
a special section devoted to the Holocaust.
- Holidays - Loads of info and links for every Jewish holiday you can think
of, and some you didn't even know about.
- Israel - Another Zipple favorite. From education to travel to publications,
it's all here.
- News & Politics - A rapidly growing area of Zipple, providing you
with current events plus plenty of archived articles, in case you missed something.
- Religion - Torah, Kabbalah, halacha, et cetera.
- Travel - Where would like to go? Do your homework, make your reservations,
and plan your vacation here
to Israel or anywhere.
At the bottom of every page you'll find links to information about Zipple -
who we are, where we came from, jobs we're filling, and policies we maintain.
Don't forget to click on Feedback and tell us what you think - we want your
Thanks for taking the tour!
Return to top
Now spend a little time browsing through our site. We hope you like what you
see! Just click here to get back to the
home page. You can also jump to a random page on the site. Come back frequently, because
we'll continue to add, update, and enhance the site over the weeks and months
to come. And don't forget to sign
up for membership - it's FREE!